News & Calendar:
- Log your reading days from last week ASAP on www.RTSUtah.com OR by parent recording initials on the October calendar if you don’t have internet access. You get to record the title of the story you read and an X online or title plus initials on the planner calendar for each day that you read 20 minutes or more.
- This is Red Ribbon week! You get to wear red on Tuesday, a mustache on Wednesday, and of course your costume on Thursday! Please also bring a change of clothes on Thursday, OR wear your clothes underneath your costume.
- The parade on Thursday starts at 9 a.m. around the outside of the school (assuming weather is good!)
- Our Halloween Class Parties will be right after the parade, from about 9:45-10:45 a.m. THANK YOU to everyone who has already donated AND those who will be donating supplies, and thank you to those who will be volunteering their time for the party. We have the best parents EVER!
- This is the last week of the quarter. Report cards for quarter one will be sent home next week.
Main Objectives for this week:
Students will be able to…
… continue to read and comprehend last week’s selection, “Ants! They are hard workers!”
… begin to write our “Ants Everywhere!” books.
… read and practice this week’s poem: “Five Little Pumpkins.”
… start to edit & revise a descriptive paragraph about a favorite fruit or vegetable.
… review for the math and language arts posttests that are coming within the next 2 weeks.
No new Spelling Words for this Week.
No Spelling Homework for this week.
Your student will receive a Skyhawk HERO Ticket if he or she can answer the “Mystery Question” in his or her planner or on a piece of paper sometime before Friday:
What time is the Halloween Parade this Thursday?