Topic for our Great Beginnings Meeting, January 27, 2017
Here are 5 questions to consider while reflecting on your own practice:
- How is your relationship with your students, really?
- How much choice do your students actually have?
- Are you relying heavily on carrots and sticks… or Jolly Ranchers (external reinforcement)?
- Do your words contribute to a growth mindset or a fixed mindset?
- What are you doing to make your content relevant to students’ lives?
Click on this link to read the full article that we will shared at today’s meeting. One of the ideas mentioned that can help to build a better relationship with students is called “2 x 10;” click here to go directly to the article describing that one!